Thursday, August 18, 2011

Can anyone recommend a CD with chanted mantras, with or without response by group, for meditation or slow yoga

I have just begun practising yoga (Iyengar) and we do not listen to music in our cles, but we do chant for about 5 minutes in the beginning. I would like to listen to (and learn) these slow chants in Sanskrit during moments when I might meditate or practice slow (downtempo) yoga. I have been researching and have found some "music" (world, electronic, new age) but I would prefer something more pared down, ideally no instruments at all. And I actually have found some audio of just chanting but sometimes it is fast or the voices are "twiny" and not refined (ie. not beautiful) and rather than relax or inspire me, they actually get on my nerves. Help! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment